Since I was out of fresh meat in the fridge, looked into my cabinets and found a canned tuna. Decided to prepare this instead of the usual tuna sandwiches we always do.
So here's the recipe :
Recipe feeds about 4 people and can be baked in a 8x8 baking dish.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 15mins
* i don't have photos of every items used, hope some of the pics here would help.
1 canned tuna ( i used water based tuna)
1/2 packet of spiral pasta. u may use any kind of pasta.
2tbps of butter
1/4 green and red bell peppers
about 3-4 chilli padi
2 cups milk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
cheese. any kind of cheese for topping. i use parmesan.
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta for 2 mins or as instructed on it's pacakging. Be sure not to OVERCOOK it. Nothing taste better than a springy pasta instead of a soft wobbly overcooked ones. Once done, drain the pasta and run water through it to avoid it from sticking, Put it aside.
2. To make the sauce
Melt 2tbps of butter in a pan.
2. Once butter has melted, add in 1 whole chopped onions and cook it until it softens.
3. Once softened, add in chopped bell peppers and cook it for about a minute.
4. Add in the chilli padi. You can skip this if you don't need it to be spicy. i'm a die hard fan of spicy food. I can't live without chili.
5. Add in the canned tuna. Don't bother removing the water. we need it for the sauce.
6. Stir it and cook it for another minute.
7. Add in 2 cups of milk. I use fresh milk as it taste creamy and yummy. a better choice than heavy cream.
8. Again, stir it for another minute.
9. Then add in 1/2 cup all purpose flour to thicken the sauce.
10. Stir it till it thickens a little and looks like in pic below. do ensure that its not too thick as we need to coat the pasta with the sauce.
11. Once done, then its ready to mix the pasta into the sauce.
13. Don't forget to line your baking dish with butter, else the pasta might stick on it when baking. Once pasta and sauce are mixed, pour it in the baking dish. Pour all excess tuna on the top.
14. Sprinkle the top with your favorite cheese. put it as much as you like, the more the yummier.
15. Then heat your oven to 220 degrees for 10 minutes and pop the dish in the oven for 15 to 20 mins until the cheese turns golden brown.
16. Serve it when its still hot. Such a yummy filling dish you won't wanna share it with anybody ;p
SIMPLE AS ABC.
TRY IT AND DO SEND ME PICS OF YOUR TUNA DISH.
ALL THE BEST!